Compatibility Testing is a non-functional type of Software testing, primarily done to check whether the software is competent enough to perform properly with a different set of hardware, operating systems, multiple applications, varied network environments or Mobile devices.
Compatibility test consists of different modules i.e. if the software is compatible with various:
- Operating systems
- Cross Browser
How to do Compatibility Testing
The compatibility test can be performed in following defines steps:
- Identification and defining of a various set of environment/platforms in which application is expected to work.
- Expected application performance in different configurations.
- Setting up the environment with different platforms, devices, networks.
- Reporting and Fixing of the found defects/bugs by making changes in code.
- Perform Re-test to ensure bug/defect has been removed.